Friday 20 July 2007

Harry Potter Mania....

You might have heard by now (how could you not), the latest Harry Potter book comes out tonight at midnight. Since we came back from England, the kids have been Harry Potter obsessed. Connor has all of the books, and had seen most of the movies before, but was not overly interested. Not so now. He can't get enough of Harry. He's even got Libby in on it, she's started reading all of the books as well. We went out and rented the first 3 movies (the 4th wasn't in), and they have watched them over and over and over again. They were so excited when Harry was in London, just like they were. Pretty cool stuff when you are 11 and 9. They talk about it incessantly. Now, I must admit, I've read all of the books, and enjoyed them, but I can hardly remember all of the details. Me bad. Obviously, I'm supposed to remember everything, because as they watch the movies, they ask me questions repeatedly. Why did Dumbledore do this? Why is Hagrid such a softy even though he's a giant? Is Snape evil? Why didn't Harry die? The questions never stop, they are relentless. They even follow me to the bathroom to ask me questions. Harry Potter talk starts the minute their feet hit the floor. It's driving me crazy! After a week of this, I now answer their question with, "Read the bloody book." I think it is finally starting to sink in. Tonight, Connor started to ask me a question, and then stopped and said, "I'll go look it up in the book." About time. I don't think this obsession is going to end anytime soon, especially with the latest movie in theatres, and the new book due out tonight. And of course, the two of them are already arguing over who is going to get to read it first. Boy are they ever going to be miffed when they find out Mommy is going to read it first. And if they keep annoying me about it, I might just tell them how it ends. I'll show them. So there.

"We are almost there! As launch night looms, let's all, please, ignore the misinformation popping up on the web and in the press on the plot of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'd like to ask everyone who calls themselves a Potter fan to help preserve the secrecy of the plot for all those who are looking forward to reading the book at the same time on publication day. In a very short time you will know EVERYTHING!"~~ JK Rowling

1 comment:

Mike said...

When they have questions send them here:

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Don't spoil it for me though, I've only seen the first 2 movies. ;)