Wednesday 31 January 2007

There's No Place Like Home...


Dan called this afternoon. It was great to hear his voice. He was exhausted from his trip, and the time difference. He got into Kandahar Airfield (KAF) last night. They've already started the handover, and that will probably take 2 weeks or so. I think he's a bit homesick, and I know he misses the kids and I tons. He's already looking forward to our vacation at the end of June and he's only been gone 3 days! I'm sure once he gets into the swing of things, the time will go much faster. I probably won't hear from him again for another week. Hopefully the week goes as fast as the last 3 days have!

"Where we love is home, Home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., Homesick in Heaven

1 comment:

Nana said...

The picture is one of my very favourites.......beautiful!