Saturday 27 October 2007

Going Wonkers...



I went to Kaddywonkers today, and no, that's not a new term for "crazy", though as many of you know, I can be pretty crazy. No, Kaddywonkers is the name of the gift store here in Pembroke that sells my signs. Actually, I worked at Kaddywonkers today. They've asked me to lend a hand during the Holiday shopping season, so I started doing some training today. They only need me two days a week, 10 hours all together, which is perfect. I'll be working Thursday evenings, and Saturdays. I still get my Monday-Friday days too myself to work on my signs, which is fantastic. I might even do a little housework during those days as well, hard to say. My first day was great, very easy stuff really. Learning the ins and outs of the cash register, and debit machine. I also got to unpack and price some things and help out with some of the displays. Right up my alley. The store was actually pretty quiet, which was nice for training. It was crazy (or kaddywonkers) how many people came in looking for Christmas stuff, already. Some were actually annoyed when Lisa (one of the co-owners) told them we wouldn't have it out until after Halloween. Hello, it's OCTOBER.. Christmas isn't for another two whole months. Who's funnier than people? I think it will be a lot of fun working there, Lisa and Cathie are loads of fun, and I can't wait to see all of their Christmas goodies, but not until 1 November though. Actually, I got the sneak peek today, yummy, I can't wait until it's all out. I love Christmas. Although, I'm sure by Christmas I may be sick of it all.

"The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes."~~Benjamin Disraeli

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to me I see at least 2 of your sgns there; interesting place.

Dad say to say only one thing for him and it's "OLD THINGS"

Anonymous said...

So good to have you back again! I would check all the time to see if you had posted. Congratulations on your job - I am so jealous!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Kaddywonkers Rules !!!