Tuesday 9 September 2008

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting....


Well, it's not exactly Kung Fu (I just like that song), but it's close. Kind of, I think. Actually I have no idea, and I am far to lazy (or uninterested, take your pick) to Google it. Connor and Libby (as well as most of Woodland Crescent) started Karate lessons tonight. I can see a few Karate chops coming on! What were we thinking? God help us, why are we encouraging them to learn karate? Oh, actually I do know, to defend themselves from Katty. Anyway, they both had a blast. Our neighbour across the street is their instructor, and he's very strict. Exactly what they need, a little bit of discipline. He makes them do push ups and everything. It will be good for both of them. They go 3 times a week for an hour. Between, karate, gymnastics, and piano lessons we will be running the roads every day but Sunday and Monday, and once the pool opens, swimming lessons will take care of Sundays!! Tell me that's not going to be a hassle when Dan is out of town, and we all know how often Dan is out of town. I wonder if I painted a sign (I have the technology) "Mom's Taxi" and put it on the van if I would get a tax write off? Nah, didn't think so, but oh well. Speaking of Mom's taxi, I had to pick Connor up from school sick today. We couldn't even get through 2 weeks without one of them coming home. Seems he had a stomach ache and a headache. He must be Katty's brother! Of course, my first reaction was that they must be having some kind of a test. My bad, the poor little bugger did feel kind of yucky, though he did manage to perk himself up by 1 pm. He was up and about and quite chatty. I asked him if he wanted to go back to school. He replied, with a big grin on his face, "Mom I NEVER want to go to school, but I feel better so I'll go. Besides I want to go to Karate tonight" Hence the miraculous recovery. So off we went. He was obviously feeling better, as he talked about gorillas the entire time. Did I know we have 98.2% the same DNA as gorillas? Why yes I did, you've only told me 10 times in the last 2 days, but never mind. He managed to stay at school for the rest of the day, the rest of the day being a whopping 2.5 hours. He even came home, happy as Larry, showing me all of the text books he brought home. He went right to the table and did his homework right away. The whole doing his homework without complaining thing is still freaking me out. Maybe that's why his stomach hurts, he's mutating into a good student. Ha, who am I kidding? That will never happen. Dare to dream!




"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world."~~Dave Barry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, my day (no,even my week) is now complete - the Bobbitt family is back on the net. Oh, how I have missed those frequent rants and raves and the strange thing is - I hear it in my head with your voice!! Miss you my friend!

Anonymous said...

See!!! Even Emma missed you and she's in England!!

I keep telling you, daughter-of-mine, that this is how we keep up with all the things that you forget to tell us about.