Tuesday 5 June 2007

I Saw The Signs...


Do any of you remember that bloody song? I've had it in my head for the last 3 days. That might have something to do with all of the signs spread out over my kitchen and dining room. I've been painting my new Canada sign collection for the store in Pembroke. I had a bunch of new signs and blocks to do. Of course, I've known about this order for months, but took a page out of Connor's book, and procrastinated a bit. Just a little bit. They were due this afternoon at 1 pm, and this morning when I got up, I still had to stencil the blocks, and antique and varnish them all. Piece of cake. Actually, it's amazing how much I can get down when I set my mind to it. Funny that. Well, anyway, I managed to get them all done. Luckily it's been raining all week, so I've been stuck in the house. I didn't even have to stop to go get a coffee this morning, my wonderful friend Arlene took pity on me. She went out in the pissing down rain, and drove to Timmie's to get me a coffee. And she doesn't even drink coffee! Now, that's a great friend for you. She even offered to help me out with the signs, but I wouldn't let her. She's been tired out lately (no wonder, taking care of me is exhausting work, I'm sure), and she needs to be rested up for our shopping trip, I mean her doctor's appointment, in Ottawa on Friday. Well, I did manage to get the signs down, and I was really happy with how they turned out. Even better, the girls at the store loved them. They are going to build a whole Canada display around them. They also placed a huge order of Fall signs, that they want delivered the third week of August. I'm sure I'll be much more organized for that order, really. Actually, there are a ton of new Fall and Halloween signs I wanted to add to my portfolio, and this order will pay for them, and new Christmas ones as well. Oh, and they offered me a job in their store again. They're really keen for me to come work with them in October, they even have an area set aside for me to paint my signs in their craft room. So, they would actually be paying me a salary, while I painted signs that they are going to pay me for. Sweet. I might have to seriously consider this one.



"I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign. Life is demanding without understanding. I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes. I saw the sign."~~ Ace of Base

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mon,

I saw your signs as well and am amazed. Didn't know you were so talented! Have been checking out your blog, access courtesy of your mother-in-law!
Where do you find all the appropriate sayings that you sign off with? They are really good.

Have a great time in Europe, hope the weather's good.
Viv