Saturday 2 June 2007

A Wild And Crazy Saturday...

Wow, we had a wild and crazy day today. Not! Holy heck I'm bored! I swear it is the monotony wearing me down. Have I mentioned I need a vacation? Because, I really, really need a vacation! Actually, we all really need a vacation, Dan and the kids are just as done as I am. It's been a long haul for all of us. Luckily, we all got to talk to Daddy today, and the phone didn't get cut off this time. And you will all be happy to know, his voice sounded just like they remembered it! The kids were all so much happier (temporarily anyway) after talking to him. Good job Daddy, it made their day. After we talked to Daddy, we headed into Pembroke. Wahoo!! Pembroke on a Saturday is as much fun as getting your knee caps shot, but never mind. Connor got his Pokemon cards for his reward, and we had to get pencils and erasers for Elizabeth. She starts the Grade 3 Ontario Testing on Monday, and her teacher sent home a list of specific supplies she needed. Ask me how impressed I was to have to go buy school supplies on the second day of June. You guessed it, not so much. I'm thinking that if she needs these things for Provincial testing, than maybe the province ought to supply them, but that's just me. After we got the cards, and the school supplies, we did go to Home Depot. We really know how to pass a day, don't we?? Unfortunately, my boyfriend Elton wasn't there. Poor old gapher probably thinks I've dumped him, it's been so long. It was okay though, my other buddy Pat was there, so it didn't take very long to get my wood cut at all. After that, it was lunch, and home. All very exciting stuff. Oh, and holy crazy thunderstorms, there was another Severe Thunderstorm Warning tonight. This was the fourth night in a row. Unfortunately, this one didn't amount to anything, just a little rain. No thunder, no lightning, no hail, no nothing. How disappointing is that.


"Disappointments are to the soul what the thunder-storm is to the air.”~~Friedrich von Schiller

1 comment:

Gerry said...

What? Not excited about the Sens win?? I am (not)...