Thursday 31 January 2008

I'm All Finished....

Today was my last day at the store. My temporary job that was only supposed to go until Christmas got extended by a month. Actually, they asked me to stay on, but they needed me to work every Thursday night, Friday night, all day Sunday, and all day Monday. I really had no desire to work those kind of hours. Not that it's hard work, but it's a pain in the ass when Dan's not home. Connor's not ready to be left alone with his sisters for that long. And even when Dan is home it's a hassle. We only have one car, and the job doesn't pay enough to warrant getting a second car, and frankly I don't want to be working every weekend. I'm too old for that shit really. We are very lucky that I don't have to work outside the home. Not that we couldn't use the extra money, who couldn't. But sometimes, the money just isn't worth the hassle. Honestly, I admire women so much who work full time or part time or who go to school, while looking after a family. I don't know how you do it without losing your minds. Just the few hours a week I worked was enough to send us into a tail spin. Oh well, it was a learning curve. And now I know it's not something I want to do again anytime soon. Especially with Dan's crazy schedule, and him being gone so much. It's nice for the kids to have one parent who is always around. The kids were thrilled I was all finished, and if I'd had any doubts at all, their reaction would have erased them. Besides, I didn't want to commit to the store as we still don't know if we're moving this summer. Dan had his oral french placement test today. Apparently the career manager wants him to take the french course in Ottawa as he will come out with a higher language profile. He tried to dumb down the oral test, but obviously he wasn't dumb enough. He now has to do a written placement test and another verbal one. He needs to get an A on the written one before he can do the verbal one. It's all very confusing (like most things in the military tend to be), but in the military an A in french is opposite from what an A is in every other course. An A means he has a basic knowledge of french, and a C would be functionally bilingual, an X is exempt, and a P would mean you are professionally bilingual. If he fails the written test, then he won't even have to do the verbal test. The good news is they are running a course here for the year, and he would do the course here. Now he just has to fail the test. Dan doesn't figure that will be a problem. I just know if he passes the test, I am not going to be a happy camper. Go figure.


“I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong”~~Benjamin Franklin

No comments: