Saturday 12 January 2008

A Winter Wonderland Party....


God help us, today was Katherine's Snowman/Winter Wonderland party. Have I mentioned I really hate birthday parties? Because I do. Really. They drive me. But never mind. We spent the morning decorating and finishing up the cake. I was pleased with how the cake turned out. Actually, the whole party turned out awesome, thanks to Ann Marie, who went above and beyond as usual. In fact, we have enough stuff left over for 5 more parties. Katty invited 8 girls, but only 6 could come, hallelujah!! We started off doing the snowman crafts, which the girls enjoyed thoroughly, me not so much. They then had a wild game of pin the carrot nose on the snowman, followed by a draw the snowman on the balloon game. In case you're wondering, Dan does the party games. He has far more patience for them then I do, plus I suspect, he actually enjoys them. He really is a sad strange little man. After the games, it was time for cake and presents. Katty got lots of loot, and was most pleased to be the centre of attention. Hard to believe I know. It was quite amusing watching all 6 little girls trying to climb on her lap as she was opening her gifts. Man, they were taking their lives in their own hands, I thought for sure she was going to snap, but she was surprisingly patient for her. Dan and I were both worn out at the end of the party, and for the first time in a year, I was actually pleased to hear the door bell ring.




"I have just returned from a children's party. I'm one of the survivors."~~Percy French

No comments: