Wednesday 30 January 2008

Two Days In A Row...



The buses were cancelled today, for the second day in a row. The kids were thrilled, me not so much. We had a freezing rain warning, and a flash freeze warning this morning. The roads were slippery when Dan went to PT but were fine when he came back. The temperature has dropped quite a bit this afternoon, but I'm not sure they were bad enough to cancel the buses for the day. And to add insult to injury, they kids have a PD day this Friday. I swear to God this school district is being run by sadists. I have no idea why, but the three of them were cranky as all get out this morning. You'd think they'd be thrilled to have a two day school week. If any one has a reason to be cranky, it's me, I'm the one who has been trapped home with them for the last two days. They were bickering so much at one point this morning, I threatened to get Daddy to come home and drive them to school, and ever since, they've been great. Funny that. Of course, Ryan came too play with Connor, and Katty went next door to play with the evil one, so that has helped considerably. And come hell or high water, bus cancellations or not, they are off to school tomorrow. Enough is enough. I have managed to get very little done for the last two days. I had big plans to get some things accomplished after I finished my sign order last weekend. Needless to say, that never happened. Hard to believe I got nothing done with three children underfoot, but tis true. The best laid plans of mice and men. I did manage to dig out the fabric for Libby's quilt. I've only had it since we lived in Ottawa two years ago. I'm determined to get it finished before the end of February. I think it is going to be very cute and very girly, shades of pink to match those pink walls of hers. I've decided to make her a simple patchwork quilt. I've finally got all of the blocks cut out, now to dust off the sewing machine. Hopefully, I can remember how to turn it on. I sure hope the instruction manual is with it, otherwise, I might be in serious trouble.

“The best plans of men and mice often go awry”~~Robert Burns

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spring's just around the corner so the Wise men say; then you can send them outside so they can get all muddy and track it in. Oh the joy's of motherhood, tis true, I remember them well.