Friday 25 May 2007

Another Sad Day...

I'm sure you've all heard by now that we have lost another soldier from Petawawa. It's been another sad day here at the base. Another young life tragically lost. I heard the news first thing this morning, right after I'd read that we had launched another offensive against the Taliban. This might explain why I haven't heard from my husband all week. In fact, the last e-mail I got from him, he was writing orders, so I figured something was going to happen soon. Have I mentioned lately I can't wait until September, because I really can't wait until September. I will be very glad when this is all over with. I knew it was going to be a long month until vacation, and we are certainly not off to a great start. Thank God for Arlene (and Stuie too, he's always there to reassure me so I won't worry excessively), she was with me all day today. We finally painted Libby's room, good timing as I really needed the distraction this week. We got the primer all on, and are ready to start painting the pink tomorrow. you can tell Arlene only has boys, she is very anxious to get at that pink paint. It's even more exciting as we have two different shades, one for the top, and one for the bottom. We finished painting just before the kids got home. it was very hot and muggy again today, so they were out playing with the water balloons and sprinkler after school. And shock of shocks, they still haven't got me with a water balloon. They've only just come in 20 minutes ago, and they are all beat. Let's hope they will sleep in tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath on that one though.
















In case you're wondering, this is what Libby's room looked like when we bought the house. Not sure what kind of grass they were smoking when they painted it these putrid colours, but never mind.



"The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost."~~Arthur Schopenhauer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was sorry to hear the news of the loss of another man; you'll be glad to know that I wore my red shirt yesterday. I noticed a lot of people looking at it too.

Hope you and Arlene got your painting finished today or at least a good start. I'm anxious to see the room done in bright colours.