Sunday 6 May 2007

The Taxi Driver...


I spent the better part of the day driving the kids around to their many varied activities. It just seems wrong (on so many levels) that they have a more active social life then I do. Katty had a play morning at Kid Zone with Sparks this morning. While she was there, I took Connor and Libby to Walmart for a bit, then to Burger King for lunch. Very exciting, as they currently have Spiderman toys. We passed some time there, before going back to get Katty. We then had to go to the mall to meet Connor's friend Ryan and his mom and dad, as they were taking the boys to see, you guessed it, the new Spiderman movie. Let me tell you, they have talked about this movie non stop all week. They are borderline obsessed, no, they really are obsessed, to the point Connor even had me dig out his Spiderman sheets Gramma bought him a few years ago. I'm waiting for him to ask for a new set to go with the new movie. Of course, you know that we had to look at anything and everything Spiderman while we were at Walmart. It's a good thing Elizabeth is so easy going, she barely got to look at anything girly at all. We finally dropped Connor off and came home, 4 hours later. Connor loved the movie (no surprise there). He's on his way to bed now, and he's still talking about it. I'm thinking Nana and Poppa had similar conversations with Daddy about Star Wars. Mother of God, my ears are ringing. He was even talking to me about it while he was in the shower and I was in the kitchen. And just when I thought he had finally run out of things to tell me (as I now know the entire plot), he has decided to mix things up, and now he's talking about the new Pirate's of the Caribbean movie that comes out in a few weeks. Of course, the big debate is about which one is going to be better, that or Spiderman. And what do I think? Honestly, I hadn't given it much thought. And Shrek 3 is coming out soon. Oh, God help me, it's going to be a long month.

"A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after." ~Peter De Vries

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an ordinary day in the Bobbitt household to me. So what else is new?