Sunday 13 May 2007

Mother's Day....


Happy Mother's Day Mom and Nana, and all the moms out there. Hope you all had wonderful days. I received a lovely basket of flowers from my hubby yesterday. It was very sweet and totally unnecessary as I'd already received a Mother's Day bouquet in the middle of January. Poor Dan had prearranged all of the flower deliveries, but for some reason, the elderly lady at the flower sop thought it would be a good idea to send out the Mother's Day ones in January. January, May, easy to get the two confused, they are so similar, not. No matter, I scored an extra bouquet of flowers, and Dan scored some bonus points for sending me more yesterday. So today, my day started out early (7:30 am, and they let me sleep in) with breakfast in bed, puffed wheat and lemonade, a very bizarre taste combination, and one I do not recommend. My gourmet breakfast was followed by some lovely homemade gifts, a candle holder, and a flower bucket, as well as some home made bath salts. Both containers of bath salts are very interesting colours, and have a most unusual scent. I'm actually afraid of what might happen to my skin if I use them. I'm thinking they should have come with one of those warnings, test in an inconspicuous area prior to using. The kids all assured me they were going to be great all day, and Katty said she was not going to have one tantrum. That lasted all of five minutes, and by bedtime she was back to her regular non pleasant self, and told me she didn't care if it was Mother's Day or not, she was no longer going to be nice Katty. I can't say that I even noticed her being nice Katty in the first place, but never mind. The highlight of the day was Dan's call. it definitely was the best present as we haven't talked to him for two weeks. Poor bugger has been busier than a one armed paper hanger. The kids were all very happy they got to talk to daddy, though there were several sets of tears tonight as the girls were really missing him. Me too!!!

The other highlight of my day was the coffee delivery from Stu. And his wonderful wife attacked our mess of a flower bed, while we were drinking the coffee, I might add. I did try to help out, but Arlene did do most of the work. She is a woman on a mission. When she decides we are going to do something, we do it. Or rather, she does it. A lot of the neighbors that went by were asking if I could send her to them when she was done. No way can they have her, she's mine. Once the garden is done, I'm sure she'll find some other project for us to work on. In fact, she's already said something about the garage. Watch out Zaca, life as you know it is over.

"Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn, Hundreds of bees in the purple clover, Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn, But only one mother the wide world over."~~George Cooper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your's was a good Mother's Day, daughter of mine.

Mine was not too shabby either; of course I never did hear from Greg but that's nothing new. I'd probably die of a heart attack if I had heard from him.

Isn't it amazing that Dan remembers you on Mother's Day. Your Dad has always said that I wasn't his mother so no flowers from him. Darn.....!!

Tell Katy, I had better not see any tantrums while I'm visiting. Or else!!