Thursday 24 May 2007

Never Mind...


I have decided I need a vacation. Actually, I decided this months ago, but this last few days has just reinforced it. I am tired. The kids are tired. Dan is tired. We are all tired. We only have one month to go until vacation, but it seems like it will never get here. Never mind, it's just been one of those days. I was supposed to start painting Libby's room today, but well, it just didn't happen. I did get the paint shook up again (it's only been sitting around for two months), which entailed a trip to Pembroke. I then had to rush back for a doctor appointment. Apparently I'm slightly anemic. Maybe that's why I'm so tired. Do you suppose they make iron fortified chocolate? I also have a slight heart murmur, which I've had before when I was pregnant the last time (nothing to worry about, by the way.) It's a good thing my blood pressure was very low at the beginning of my appointment, because after being picked and prodded at by two nurse practitioners and a doctor, I'm sure it was elevated. What was supposed to be a 20 minute appointment turned into an hour and a half, and by the time I got out of there, it was almost time for the kids to come home. Just long enough to run to the grocery store, and make it home on time for the bus. The kids had a blast after school. It was 35 degrees here with the humidex, so I gave them a container of water balloons to play with. Why I thought this was a good idea is beyond me. I spent the afternoon tying the bloody things, and getting soaked in the process. Not from them throwing them at me, just from the water squirting out as I tied them. I wonder how long it will be before one of them tries to get me. Not long, probably. It's supposed to be hot again tomorrow so they will have them out again. I'm sure Connor has already thought of it, but wasn't quite brave enough to try it. Speaking of Connor, he got his science test back today, 75%. Not bad considering he studied for all of 15 minutes. Imagine how well he would do if he'd actually put more effort into it. Never mind.



"A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book."~~Irish Proverb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up Mon, not much longer now until your holiday, you can do this!!! Hopefully it will be worth the wait - that "warm English sun" is waiting to shine on your face! Think of me next week as my kids are off all next week!

Anonymous said...

The five days I spent there with you and the gran'kids weren't enough. Miss all of you!

Can I stow away in your baggage on your vacation? It's probably the only way I'll get to see any of those places.

PLEASE!!!! PRETTY PLEASE WITH CHOCOLATE ON IT???