Thursday 17 May 2007

Do You Know The Muffin Man?


Mom came for a visit today, the kids and I were most excited! Of course, we were excited for very different reasons. They were excited over the prospect of homemade muffins and fresh apple pie. I was excited because, not only did it mean an excuse to go to Ottawa and shop, I also won't have to do laundry all weekend. Squee! I kid you not, the woman was not even in the house an hour, and she had folded 2 baskets of laundry, matched the odd socks, and washed the dishes. I love this woman!
Arlene went into the city with me, so Stuie (I love him) took the kids to the bus so we could leave early. And he picked them up after school to give us time to stop at the Super Store. You know how I love the Super Store! What a man. We went to a different mall today, and I got another awesome pair of shoes. On sale even! So on the way home, we stopped in Renfrew for a coffee. Who knew a simple cup of coffee would be so entertaining? We should have known, it is the Ottawa Valley, after all. And well, valley folk are valley folk, doesn't matter what valley they come from, it seems. As we were going in, a man in his mid 40s, I'd say, came up to the table by the door. He had a box of a half dozen muffins. As we were going in, he picked up one of the muffins, and it had a pad of butter on the top. He then proceeded to eat the muffin. However, instead of eating it as one normally would, he spun the muffin around, and ate the sides off as fast as he could. It was similar to how one would eat a cob of corn, but not really. I couldn't look at Mom or Arlene or I would have lost it. Mom figured he looked kind of like a rabid beaver. It was the funniest thing. All I could think was, "Get it in you buddy." I'm still not sure what the butter was for, as he never actually ate that part of the muffin. Arlene was wondering if he ate them all like that. At any rate, we got a good laugh out of it. Who's funnier than people?


“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?”~~Albert Einstein

No comments: