Saturday 5 May 2007

Doing Nothing...

Have you ever spent an entire day doing absolutely nothing? Evidently, it's not that hard to do, because I did it today. Although, this morning, I did take the kids to swimming lessons, and I got a cup of coffee. That's something, right? But this afternoon, well, this afternoon I did nothing. Not for a lack of anything to do, by the way. There was plenty to do. You know, the usual, laundry, housework, signs, cough cleaning the garage cough, the blog (yes the blog, and I know I've been a bit tardy) I actually tried to do a lot of these things. Okay, some of these things, except for cleaning the garage. I did not attempt to clean the garage. That's Zaca's job. Zaca makes the mess, Zaca cleans it up. And I haven't finished the blog on time either. I'm a bit behind, I know. I just seem to have the attention span of a flea. Actually, come to think of it, my aunt and uncle called me flea when I was growing up. At the time, I thought it was because I was pesky, but maybe they were on to something. But seriously, my concentration has been terrible since Dan left. I'm really starting to think it's from the stress and being a bit overwhelmed. I mean, it really can't be my lack of motivation that is causing all of these disruptions. Right, I knew you'd agree. And you know, I am feeling wretched, it could be the allergies, or the allergy medication even. I know, maybe it's a combination of all of these factors. Which means, I really can't be expected to get much done until allergy season is over mid to late June, when it is time for us to leave for vacation. And I don't get back until mid July, and by then it will be ragweed season. Looks like I'm off the hook until September. Sweet!


"Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing”~~Lao Tzu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So who or what is SACA?

And allergies make a great excuse don't they?