Friday 18 May 2007

Laundry...Done!

Well, for the first time ever, or at least since Mom came to visit last year, there is not one scrap of dirty laundry in the house. It's all done, washed, line dried, folded, and waiting for me to put away. How sweet is that? And on top of that, the carpets and family room furniture has been cleaned. Not much of a vacation/break for mom, but I'm not complaining. Someone said today, I should have her stay for the rest of the time Dan's gone. Yeah, no! I love my mother dearly, but any longer than 7 days and we are at each other's throats. No, it's much better if we visit in small doses. And besides, I know my daddy is lonely. In fact, I'm sure he just can't wait for her to get home. Believe it or not, we've been together for over 24 hours and have not had one argument. Shocking, that. Not to worry though, we still have 3 full days of her visit left. I believe baking is on the agenda for tomorrow. The kids are hankering for their apple pies and muffins. You'd think I never bake anything for the rotters, I mean darlings. Speaking of which, Connor had an awesome week at school, all check marks, though he did forget his stuff for his book report and science test, so we had to run to the school when he got home. He got his math test back, and he did awesome, we were all pleased. Little bugger told me the test was really easy, "You know mom, tests are a lot easier when you study for them. I'm going to study from now on." You don't say. How crazy is that. Will see when it comes time to study for his science test if he follows through on that or not. Somehow I have my doubts.

"It's not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it."~~From the television show The Golden Girls

1 comment:

Gerry said...

More Skittles for Connor! And, since they are the # 1 antedote for pneumonia, more Skittles for Katherine!!

Gerry