Monday 12 February 2007

Another Manic Monday.....

So far, this week promises to be better then last. Katty actually slept in until 7:30, and its amazing how much a difference an extra hour of sleep makes. The kids all went off to school in a good mood and came home happy. And Connor had a much better day at school today, thank goodness!

I had an e-mail from Dan today. He is back in KAF. He told me I could relax for a few days as he will be in doing administrative stuff for the next few days. I'm not so sure how well I'll do on the relaxing thing, I'm thinking that really won't happen until next September. The handover is done and he is now officially in command. He is excited, but at the same time he finds it a bit daunting that he is now responsible for leading 150 soldiers in operations. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that they are in the best hands. When we had our family briefing in the fall, he assured every one there, he would never expect the soldiers to go or do anything that he would not do himself, and he meant it. I know he will take good care of all of his soldiers, just as I know the BSM will take good care of Dan.

"Leadership is understanding people and involving them to help you do a job. That takes all of the good characteristics, like integrity, dedication of purpose, selflessness, knowledge, skill, implacability, as well as determination not to accept failure. "~~ Admiral Arleigh A. Burke

No comments: