Monday 5 February 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside...




It is cold as Hell here in Pet today, much like it is everywhere else in Canada. I must admit I saw the windchill warning, and for a brief moment was scared they would cancel the buses this morning, then I heaved a sigh of relief as I realized this is Ontario, not New Brunswick. I still remember when they cancelled school there 3 days in a row one winter. Hello, its Canada, it gets cold in the winter. No wonder Nunavut ranks ahead of NB for education, they don't cancel school in Nunavut when it's cold, otherwise they'd never send the kids to school.

I had a super busy morning finishing up a large sign order for the store in Pembroke. They placed another large order so that will keep me busy. Staying busy is the key to making the time pass more quickly. Not like I'm ever not busy. Being a single parent to 3 children precludes boredom. Between homework, and after school activities I'm exhausted by 8 pm. But it's all good, it helps keep the kids occupied. Connor was back to his old tricks at school today, but I quickly sorted that out. Fool around in school, and no birthday sleepover. I'm thinking he'll be working extra hard the rest of the week.

I can't believe this is our second week with Dan gone. I am so glad it is relatively quiet in Afghanistan right now, it has made the adjustment a bit easier. I'm sure there is stuff going on that Dan does not tell me about, and that's fine. I really don't want to know. As we went to pick up Libby from Brownies tonight, Katty told me she wished it were June already. I can't help but agree.

"If you are cold at night, let the promise of my love cover you like a warm blanket."-- Matthew White.

No comments: