Wednesday 7 February 2007

Happy Birthday


Today is my baby boy's birthday! He's 11! I can't believe I'm old enough to have an 11 year old! Of course, you wouldn't think it was his birthday, he was pretty cranky. At one point he told me that, "besides the presents and cakes, it did not feel like his real birthday." It's hard to be 11 obviously. He was not happy about going to cubs tonight, and of course, when he got home, it was the "best cubs ever". Go figure! As he went to bed, he told me the best present ever would have been to have daddy here. If only he knew how much daddy wanted to be here. I think he'll cheer up considerably on Saturday when he has his friends over for a sleepover. He's invited 3 friends over, so it will be the 4 boys, plus Elizabeth and Katherine and me. Remember those levels of hell I'm always talking about, I believe this would classify as level 2!

I had a much better day today. There were signs to be finished, as well as a trip out for some last minute birthday gifts (there really is a lack of shopping in this town), as well as a visit with my buddy Elton at Home Depot, which turned into a visit with several of the guys in the lumber yard, checking up on me to make sure I'm doing alright. How sweet was that. And then tonight, I finished the day off with a lovely chat with my Aunt Mary, who recommended some great new books that I think I'll have to order this week. Maybe the weekend won't be so bad after all!

"There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents ... and only one for birthday presents, you know."~Lewis Carroll

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Wish I had been there for Connor's "unbirthday"