Friday 16 February 2007

I'm So Boring...


I've got to say, I'm surprised it took this long to happen. Three weeks in, and I have run out of things to say (I know you are shocked.) Absolutely nothing noteworthy happened today. Nothing. As Katherine would say, "I'm Boring." In other words, I'm bored. I'm actually bored as hell. I had forgotten how unexciting it is to live in Petawawa in the winter (or at any other time for that matter). Seriously, there really is nothing to do here. I know I'm not the only one to suffer from this affliction, especially at this time of year. In fact, I spoke to Dan yesterday, and he too is bored. He's been in Camp all week doing paperwork, and I think he is getting anxious to get out and do some things. I have no problem with him being bored. In fact, I am more then okay with that. If he's bored, he's safe. He could be bored for the next 7 months, and that would be perfectly fine by me. As for my own boredom, there are certainly many things I could do to combat it. I could clean my house for instance, but that's just wrong. There is absolutely nothing entertaining about cleaning my house. I suppose, I could exercise, but that would require some ambition, which I am obviously lacking, otherwise I would not be bored. Then there are the old standards, read a book, or a magazine, or watch TV, but I don't have anything I really want to read, and there is diddly squat on TV. There are certainly signs to paint, but then that would be work, and who wants to work on a Friday night. I realized how bored I actually was when I played a board game (The Pirates of the Caribbean Game of Life, thanks AM, it was a huge hit) with the kids, and was disappointed when it was over. That's boredom for you.


"When I get real bored, I like to drive down town and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask me if I'm leaving."~~Steven Wright

No comments: