Saturday 3 February 2007

You Just Never Know...


I freely admit I was expecting today to be a day from hell. It certainly started out that way. Libby woke me up at 5:30 complaining of a sore throat, which of course woke up her sister. I fully believed I would arrive at at least the second level of hell before noon. And wouldn't you know, the kids proved me wrong once again. Not only were they well behaved, they had morphed back into their alter egos from last Monday, and spent the morning doing not only their scheduled chores, but others as well. By the time noon rolled around, their rooms were cleaned, the family room vacuumed and tidied, Pine Cone was cleaned, watered and fed, and laundry was put away. And I was scared as hell! There was no way this was going to last the full day, especially given we still had to go to Home Depot to get lumber cut, and Walmart. And once again, they proved me wrong. They were well behaved and patient at Home Depot, and at Walmart while we had our passport photos done. Needless to say, they were rewarded with lunch at McDonalds. Their good moods carried on throughout the day. They had a ton of fun with their new Clue Mysteries game before Katty eventually crashed in her favourite spot on the love seat. I'm sure the fact it was allowance day might have something to do with all the cooperation, but hey, whatever works. Lets hope next Saturday goes just as well. One can hope, right?

"In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul."~~ Lisa T. Shepherd.

No comments: