Saturday 10 February 2007

Boys Will Be Boys....


Oh God help me, I have no idea why I agreed to have a sleepover for Connor for his birthday. The things we do to make our children happy. Events like this should come with the appropriate greeting, "Thank you. You have now arrived at Hell, Level 3. Enjoy your visit." Yeah, that's likely. You'd think that after having 3 older brothers, count them, 3, I would be wise enough to know it was a bad idea to allow Connor to invite 3 friends over. But no, I foolishly agreed. I'm thinking my second mistake (after agreeing to this madness in the first place) was not hiding the mini marshmallow shooters. The house, which I had spent most of the day cleaning, is now covered in a rainbow of colours. The poor girls couldn't sleep if they tried because of the noise level. Poor Katty was up until 10 pm, and when I tried to put her in her bed, it became a 10 minute ordeal of trying to physically move her from the basement to her bed. For some reason, after a brief trip to the washroom, she was intent in sleeping on the couch in the living room. Elizabeth finally gave up the fight at 11pm. And so here we are, its almost 11:30 pm (only 10.5 hours until they go home!!), and they are raring to go. Lovely, it will be 0 dark 30 before I get any sleep, and then of course there is always tomorrow to look forward to with baited breath. The day after the sleepover is almost as fun as the sleepover itself. Almost. Because once the 3 testosterone riddled guests leave, I will still be left with my own 3 over tired lovelies. And that my friends, will be as much fun as getting all of your teeth pulled without the pain numbing relief of anaesthetics.


"Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable"~~Plato


No comments: