Friday 23 February 2007

There's A Walrus In The Woods......

So, what is it about big brothers that causes them to torment their little sisters so much?? After having suffered for years the torment of my own 3 older brothers, you'd think I'd have that one figured out. To say that Connor has an active imagination would be an understatement. He has mastered the art of the fishing story without having ever been a fishermen, though he did catch a nice small mouth bass last summer on vacation. So, today he decided it would be a good day to tease poor Katty. I have no idea why, but he convinced her there was a Walrus living in the woods behind the park. He even offered to take her to go see it. Her eyes as big as saucers, I could tell she wanted to go, but was petrified of what she'd find. Of course, the fact that he told her it liked to grab things and take it back into its hole in the ice, might have had something to do with it. I tried to convince her that he was tricking her, and that Petawawa was not the natural habitat of the walrus but she would have none of that. What do I know, I'm just the mother. Well, duh again. So, they all got dressed, and off they went. It wasn't even 5 minutes later, she was running back in the house, screaming for dear life. You'd think she'd been attacked by the walrus itself, but no, she hadn't even made it across the street. Apparently, the legend of the walrus grew once they got outside, and there was no way in hell she was going anywhere near those woods. It took me forever to convince her he was making it up. Remember the time Connor saw a Beluga Whale in the woods on the way to Moncton?? Of course, once she realized he was tricking her, she was pissed. Stupid dumb Connor!!!! As soon as he came in, she marched right up, and walloped him as hard as she could on the shoulder. Take that, that's for tricking me!!! Hopefully now she will be more suPISScious when he tells her tales. You know, come to think of it, I remember my brother Shawn telling me all about the pink Walrus he saw in the pond down the road from our house. For weeks after, every time we went by the pond, I was petrified this pink thing was going to attack me! It wasn't until years later I found out he'd actually been tripping acid that night (bad boy). Little wonder I was always too scared to experiment as a teenager. No way in hell did I want that pink Walrus coming after me!!

"Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring - quite often the hard way."~~Pamela Dugdale

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come THIS is the first I've heard about the pink Walrus in the pond down the road? That pond was so polluted by the run-off from over the hill, that he must have been a very strange looking Walrus, even from Shawn's spaced-out mind?????

shawn said...

I think u mean Mr smith was tripping on acid !

Monica said...

Um, yes, did I say my brother Shawn, I'm sorry I meant "Mr Smith".. I believe he was the same Mr Smith who experienced difficulties with a mustard bottle while under the influence of hallucinogen's.... my apologies to my awesome older brother, who would never partake of such activities. Oh, and you still owe me a Timmies, by the way.