Thursday 8 February 2007

Such devoted sisters....


Today was Katherine's bring a friend night at Sparks. And for some shocking reason, Katty decide that Libby was the friend she wanted to bring. And even more shocking, Libby agreed to go. Katty and Libby have a relationship that can only be described as volatile. There are times when the claws are out, and blood is drawn. And usually poor Libby is on the losing end of her sister's nasty temper. And then there are the times of relative calm (few and far between), where they will shut the door, turn on the music and sing together for hours. At any rate, we made our way to Sparks. On the way there, Libby was obviously doubting the wisdom of agreeing to go. "I don't know why Katty choose me to go with her, it's not like we're friends you know." To which I replied, "Of course your friends." This earned me the eye roll, and the response, "Duh, we are not friends, we are sisters. There is no such thing as friendship in sisterhood." Not having a sister myself, I considered myself corrected, and we made our way inside. I silently noted that they were holding hands as they entered the gym. When I returned to pick them up, they were happy and smiling. They made Valentines cards for the Veterans, and bracelets. When I commented on how lovely their friendship bracelets were, I got another eye roll, before I was once again corrected. They were not friendship bracelets, but sister bracelets. Well , duh!

"Sisters don't need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks - expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs - that can undermine any tale you're telling." ~Pam Brown

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Sorrry hon, know you always wanted a sister but I guess you'll have to make due with your sister-in-laws.