Thursday 26 April 2007

Am I Bitter?

Hell yes I'm bitter. For the last three days, all I've seen in the news is coverage of the Afghan prisoner scandal. Taliban prisoners I might add. Terrorists. Guys who plant IED's in roads, and drive vehicles loaded with explosives at Canadian convoys. Convoy's like the one my husband travels in. No mention of all of the good things Canadian soldiers are accomplishing. No, instead hours must be devoted to this scandal. And the rights of terrorists. Hello, they're TERRORISTS. Bad guys, guys who kill and mame innocent people on a daily basis. I could see it maybe if the prisoners were being abused by Canadian soldiers, but this is not the case. They're in Afghan hands. Canadian soldiers have not been accused of wrong doing. In fact, the prisoners themselves say the Canadians treat them well. I've got to say, I agree with the Prime Minister when he said it appears Stephan Dion and Jack Layton care more about the Taliban than they do about Canadian soldiers. Every time one of those two opens their mouth I'm insulted. The best is when they presume to talk for me, the spouse of a Canadian soldier. As if. Those two self serving wankers haven't got a clue. Seriously, how big of an impact does the mission in Afghanistan have on their own personal lives? Is their spouse or child serving there? I didn't think so. Don't even get me started. Well, you didn't and I'm already started. Of course, what should we expect? Jack Layton wants us to bring the soldiers home immediately. Yeah, that's a good idea. But then again, this is Taliban Jack, the man who believes we should negotiate with the Taliban. Right. Like that will guarantee we won't be attacked by terrorists. How can one man be so stupid? Oh, and than there's the Liberals, who sent the soldiers into Kandahar in the first place. And now act like this mission is all the Conservative's doing. How soon they forget.


"Canadians should be under no illusion; Kandahar is a very complex, challenging and dangerous environment and mission. The part of Afghanistan we are going to is among the most unstable and dangerous in the country. Indeed, that is why we have been asked to go there and why we are going there. Our troops are exceptionally well-trained, equipped and led ... they know, from their experience, that this will be dangerous work with a high risk of injury and the potential for casualties that comes with the job. Canadians, too, must recognize this aspect of their mission and be ready to support them in every way, if that occurs." ~~Bill Graham, Liberal Defence Minister

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go get them, darling daughter!

I've have always voted Liberal or NDP, but with this nonsence going on thinl I'l be switching my for to the PC's.

Tired of parties (Liberal and NDP) lying to me.

You're right!! The Liberals did send our boys over there.

Anonymous said...

Very well said Monica, I agree with you totally. I can understand you being bitter. The media always seems to dwell on the negatives and never the positives.
We are voting for the GREEN party next time around. Enjoy your blog.Keep up the good work.