Wednesday 4 April 2007

April Showers Bring May Flowers

What a yucky day, it poured rain here most of the day. However, it was brightened by Dan's early morning phone call. He called just in time to talk to all of the kids, which was a great way for them to go off to school. He was even able to reassure Libby that he has not been attacked by two feet long black ants. Apparently, one of the boys in her class told her there were giant poisonous attack ants in Afghanistan, and she's been fretting about it all week. Actually, she's been a little out of sorts all week. I think it's a combination of missing Daddy, and him not being home for Easter. I think she felt a lot better after hearing his voice (I know I do). It was a bit interesting trying to get the kids out the door on time when they were all waiting their turn to talk to Daddy, but no worries, I managed just fine, and off they went for another day at school. Only two more, and then they are off for a four day weekend. And apparently, it is supposed to rain and/or snow all weekend. Wahoo, I so can't wait for that.

Despite the rain, I somehow managed to keep John busy. Being the wise man that he is, he finished all of his outside chores yesterday. So while I went off for my haircut (with my newly found hairdresser who is excellent with naturally curly hair), Poppa set to work with my list of inside chores. I love that man (his endless questions, not so much). The girls now have storage shelves built in to their closets, and all of our wobbly chairs have been repaired. The poor bugger never stops. When he was done all that, he started carting around baskets of laundry. He even watched the kids after school so Nana and I could go shopping. I felt half guilty(not really), so I baked him his favourite chocolate chip cookies tonight (sorry Dan, but don't worry, your peanut butter cookies will be in the mail on Wednesday, promise). I guess they are up to standard, because he's had a few already. Maybe I should have made a double batch after all.

"Sweet April showers, do spring May flowers."~~Thomas Tusser, A Hundred Good Points of Husbandry, 1557

No comments: