Wednesday 25 April 2007

A Big Day..

It was a big day in the old Bobbitt household. It was furnace cleaning day. Yep, that's right, I had the furnace cleaned for the warranty. The technician was a very chatty fellow, who had more to say about laundry (I was folding clothes) than the furnace. Seems he has a technique. Bypass the dresser, and keep the laundry in baskets. Saves having to put it away in drawers. I have a similar technique. Not intentionally of course. My problem just seems to be I can never quite get the laundry to the drawers before it gets worn again. And than the baskets of dirty clothes get mixed up with the pawed through baskets of clean clothes. You can see my conundrum. Now this conversation would have been the highlight of my day, had my wonderful friend Emma not called me from the UK. Wonderful Emma who sent me a lovely care package the other day. And who actually motivated me to get some projects done. Have you ever found you spend more time thinking about the things you need to do, than actually doing them? I have been doing that for weeks. It's driving me crazy. My concentration has been terrible lately. I'm blaming it totally on the stress in my life. It certainly could not be due to my inefficiency. Never. Anyway, today I decided enough was enough and got down to painting signs. Trouble is, somehow I ended up not finishing them. Actually, I didn't finish them because I got hung up on the phone trying to help other people sort out their problems, but never mind. I will finish them tomorrow. Promise.

Of course, tonight was the big American Idol Gives Back concert. Very exciting as Kelly Clarkson was on it. I promised the girls they could stay up to watch her. They loved the entire show. Well, with the exception of Il Divo. I am obviously getting older, because I was quite looking forward to seeing Il Divo. That would have absolutely nothing to do with the fact they are 4 extremely good looking, talented young men. Nothing. Libby was not nearly as enamoured with them as I am. "Mommy, they are so not cute. That one has bushy eyebrows. And besides, are they some kind of fancy pants singers?" Wow, do I feel old.


"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.”~~Wayne Dyer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so finish those signs today if you can!! Good for you for even starting them at all. I am no one to talk, do you know how many projects I have on the go at the minute????

Anonymous said...

Now really, darling daughter; surely with a BA in Psychology, you must remember that "cloth" is used for materials or a wash cloth, etc. but "clothes" is used for things you wear and clean. lol

See Mum is being "irritating" again!! Don't you just love me??

And Emma's right, finish those signs TODAY!!!!

Monica said...

You irritating mother? Say it isn't so..never happen. My typo has been corrected.