Sunday 15 April 2007

A Long Week Over...


Boy was I ever happy to see the ass end of this week. This has, by far, been the absolute worst week of Dan's deployment. I must say, I was very relieved he was in KAF all weekend, though I'm sure he didn't enjoy all the admin he had to do. I always feel so much better when he's there, and I sleep better too. And I would have slept much better this weekend, except for Elizabeth's cough that has kept us both up the last two nights. Poor little thing is worn out, and I must say, I'm heading that way myself. I'm hoping she sleeps better tonight, I've got the cold meds lined up already, and the cool mist going. Fingers crossed it helps, but confidence is not high as I can hear her upstairs hacking already.


It was a pretty uneventful day here again. This morning Jen and the boys came over for coffee/brunch, which was a nice way to spend a Sunday morning. Despite the weather, the kids were in and out like bloody yo-yos much of the day, which was totally a pain, because they'd just get out and it would start raining, so they'd turn around and come back in again. I finally gave up on keeping the front entry way clean. But at least it's only raining out. This morning they were calling for around 20 cms of snow. Ask me how bitter I was over that one. Luckily, some wise meteorologist, no doubt fearing for his personal safety, amended the forecast, so now they are only calling for 5 cms. So much for Global Warming. It might be happening somewhere, but it sure as heck isn't Petawawa. But then again, not much ever does happen in Petawawa.


"Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella."~~Pepper Giardino

No comments: