Monday 23 April 2007

Little Things...

Our friend Wade is home on leave, and I am totally green with jealousy. Actually, much as I would love Dan to be home right now, I am glad our leave is later because it means less time apart on the other end of this deployment. But still, no fair, humph! Wade stopped by this morning with gifts that Dan sent home for the kids. No giant ass spiders this time, just cad pat name tags with the kids names on them. They were just as excited by these as they were all of the other gifts he sent them. I think its more the fact that it comes from Daddy, and they know he's thinking of them. They had a really good week last week, partially because of the weather I'm sure, but mostly because they got to talk to their Dad three times in one week, which is a record for us. I can't believe we are already done 12 weeks, almost at the three month mark. I'm so proud of the kids, they've really handled all of this so well.



It really doesn't take much to get me excited these days, okay at any time. But today, I was thrilled to see Dan's picture in the Ottawa Sun! I immediately bought several copies! And then got lucky and found the picture online as well. And while I was looking for it online, I discovered a video with Dan in it! Double squee!! I knew the kids were going to be just as thrilled as I was when they saw it. They were over the moon excited when I showed them the video. And Libby pointed out Daddy was chewing the gum we sent him. Though Connor thought it might be chewing tobacco (better not be or Daddy is in trouble). How he even knows what that is, is beyond me, but never mind. We've watched the video several times, and the picture is the new wallpaper on our desktop. They thought it was awesome to see where Daddy was yesterday. It certainly made their day, and mine. And as if that weren't exciting enough, a special Roll Up the Rim campaign started today in KAF. The cups are even desert cad pat!! How cool is that?? What a great thing to do for the soldiers! The kids were so disappointed Daddy didn't get to have Roll Up the Rim this year, and now he does! Of course, the girls are hoping Daddy wins a digital camera. And Connor wants him to win the hat, so he can have it, of course. Not me, I'm all for the $1000. Bling anyone??











http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/world/story/3949356p-4561205c.html



Dan's the one on the right, chewing the gum.




http://www.hfxnews.ca/index.cfm?sid=24535&sc=89



Dan is the one on the right in this photo as well.







"Why not learn to enjoy the little things - there are so many of them."~~Author Unknown

5 comments:

Mary said...

Cool. We have enjoyed the newspaper articles! Still can't quite figure out which guy is Dan in the video though (I know, we're a little slow). It looks so hot there! Tell Dan we think about him every day.

Love, Aunt Mary

Monica said...

It is hot there, around 39 degrees. And the dust. I'm glad I'm not doing Dan's laundry! In the video, he's the one with glasses chewing gum, holding his rifle, nodding his head. Geberal Grant is the one without the helmet on, and Dan is on his right.

Mary said...

Okay, we see him now. 39 degrees....ughhh! Looks like the kids are having fun. It's not so long until June now! By the way, you crazy woman, going wild at the Superstore!!

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica said...

What can I say? I like to walk on the wild side, and the Superstore is it, baby! Seriously, if you could see our grocery store, you'd understand our excitment.