Monday 9 April 2007

Easter Monday...

We woke up this morning, still sadden by the loss of our soldiers yesterday. We did not know any of them personally, although I recognized one, who had been interviewed the day he deployed. January 29th, the same day as Dan. My heart breaks, for all of their families and friends. I still haven't heard from Dan. I think he is still out. His CO was interviewed from KAF, but if Dan had been in, I'm sure he would have e-mailed. I will feel much better once I hear his voice.

Nana and Poppa packed up and headed home today. They both offered to stay, and if I need them, I know they would come in a heartbeat. They were ready to go, though. I can't say as I blame them, they have been away from home for almost 4 weeks. I missed much of the packing brew haha, I went out for coffee, just like I said I would. I even took Nana with me, thus separating the Bickerson's Senior. The kids were very sad to see them go, but they quickly occupied themselves, eating candy, and playing with their friends. And I hardly had a chance to be lonely. The phone was busy all afternoon, with people checking in on me. And Stu and Arlene, and Joanne all stopped by to make sure I was alright. They certainly know how I feel. Stu is a gunner too, and his identical twin brother did the same job in Afghanistan as Dan. And of course, Dan took over from Jo's husband. It is at times like these, I am especially thankful for our extended family. The support of our family and friends is a welcome comfort. Another difficult day is over, and it's time to get the kids ready to go back to school. And life goes on.

"Knowing what to say is not always necessary; just the presence of a caring friend can make a world of difference."~~ Sheri Curry.

No comments: