Sunday 1 April 2007

April Fools Pinch And A Punch


Well, finally John managed to get me for this month's round of pinch and a punch. However, in all fairness, I had just forwarded my calls to the cell phone, and so didn't have call display. And, I might also add, I was the first one to say pinch and a punch, but John (whom I believe may have violated the rules of the game, fair play and all that) had Mike call for him. So, I actually pinched and punched Mike (who used to be almost a good brother in law) first. John then shouted a pinch and the punch in the background. Was it a clean win, probably not. But any man who can let himself be photographed looking like he does in this picture, probably needs the win more then I do. And really, I've got to let him win once and a while, and what better day then April Fool's Day, it seems strangely appropriate somehow. For those keeping score (and I am) I'm ahead 3 to 1. And lets not forget I got the Queen of all pinch and punches, the first of the year. Come to think of it, I win every New Year's Day. There may be a correlation between that and any alcoholic beverages consumed during the previous night's celebrations, but I can't say for sure.

Sometime last night, Katherine decide to climb in bed with me. I woke up this morning, and she was laying beside me, looking at me with those big brown eyes, and a big grin on her face. She was quiet for a few moments, and then she said, "Happy." "You're happy?" I asked, somewhat incredulously. We all know how contrary she can be, after all. At this point she broke into what can only be described as maniacal laughter, "I was just kidding, April Fools." I should have known.

"April 1. This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four."~~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson, 1894

No comments: