Saturday 21 April 2007

Can I Have I Popsicle?

The sun was out again today, and it brought all of the kids out with it. The doorbell started ringing before 9 this morning. You know how the doorbell ringing stresses me, especially at that time of day. And the bloody thing didn't stop ringing. Is Connor home? Can Libby come out? Where's Katty? In, out, in, out. Can I have I drink? Can I have a Popsicle? I'm hot. I'm thirsty. I'm bored. Can I go for a bike ride? Can we get the sprinkler out? Can I go to the park? Is it warm enough to go swimming yet?? You get the idea. Urgh, and somehow Connor conned me into letting him have a sleepover. By the end of the day I was asking if I could have a drink. So I did. Ingrid (her husband is the BSM of the battery) wandered down the street, and we had a drink and a nice chat. I was half, no, completely driven out of my mind, and it's not even summer yet. It's still April for crying out loud. Actually, it wasn't that bad. I'm so glad the kids all have kids their own age to play with, especially with summer holidays coming up soon. Then I get to be their full time caterer and social director. Yippee. I can't wait!










"What is a home without children? Quiet."~ ~Henny Youngman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True hon; home without kids is very,very quiet!!!! I get a lot of reading done that way but then you know I could read during a tornado or hurricane.lol

Have fun!!! Aren't you looking forward to July and August??