Thursday 5 April 2007

And April Snow Brings...


Well, if April showers bring May flowers, what the heck does April snow bring? And no, this is not a trick question. Annoyance, that's what it brings. I have looked out the window and the ground is covered in snow. Snow, damn it. There is more snow on the ground tonight then there was at Christmas. I'm sorry, but the last time I checked the song was not called " White Easter". By the way, feel free to insert profanity at any point in that song title. I did. There is nothing beautiful or wonderful about snow in April. Nothing! Easter is supposed to be warm and sunny, and flowers are supposed to be blooming. not cold, and snowy. Snowy, I say!! I'm not bitter, really. Not bitter that we picked up a new swing set for the kids today, and they will have to wear parkas to go out and play on it. Or all the bubbles that will freeze outside in the frigid air, or the sidewalk chalk they won't be able to use until the snow melts. Bitter, hell yes I'm bitter. Almost as bitter as the wind that's blowing outside right now. Let's hope the Easter Bunny hasn't shed his winter coat yet, or he's going to freeze his fluffy little tail off hiding those eggs.

"The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches."~~E.E. Cummings

No comments: