Sunday 25 March 2007

Another Week Over...


We've finished another week. Eight down and thirteen to go until vacation. We had another uneventful, lazy day. The kids were pretty good, except for some minor bickering. It was cold and dreary again today, so they were in most of the day. The highlight of their day was Poppa's return. We've kept him busy since he got back. He's read a few stories, and helped Connor with the rat's, I mean Pine Cone's, nest. He's even danced around the kitchen a bit with Katty. Now him and Connor are ensconced on the couch watching a movie. I'm not sure who is more enthralled, him or Connor. Nana and Poppa had off to the cousins' tomorrow. We've had a great visit, but I must admit, it will be nice to get some work done this week. I have a brand new line of Canadiana signs to paint for my store, and it's much easier to paint when you don't have company. Not to mention I'm sure the disarray when I'm working drives Nana crazy.

I didn't hear from Dan again today. I really wasn't surprised. I'm afraid the times he will be in to e-mail me, will be few and far between. I'm sure he is out and about again, as there is a new operation underway. Of course, my nerves will be on edge again until I hear from him. He hasn't called in over a week, and I know the kids are as anxious as I am to talk to him again. We've been lucky so far, things have been relatively quiet. I'd like to believe it will stay that way, but I'm not that naive. As the temperature in Kandahar soars, so too will the amount of attacks. Every time my door bell rings, I jump. It's my automatic reaction. I don't suppose that will change any time soon.

"When we are afraid we ought not to occupy ourselves with endeavoring to prove that there is no danger, but in strengthening ourselves to go on in spite of the danger. "~~Mark Rutherford

No comments: