Friday 9 March 2007

What A Week...

I am so glad this week is over with. Done. Finished. It was by far, the worst week since Dan has left. I guess it's too be expected, good days, and bad days. I'd rather the bad days don't come all at once. Between Connor's rough week at school, and things heating up in Afghanistan, my already frayed nerves are a little more tattered. And to add insult to injury, I now have a raging head cold, just in time for March break. Lovely. Just what I need.

I haven't heard from Dan since Tuesday, and even that was just a brief line to nag me about my tardiness with the blog (I'm sorry, I won't slack off anymore). I have heard via the wives net where he has been, and what was going on. Sometimes the wives net can be a very annoying thing. Lets put it this way, the information provided, did nothing but increase my stress load. Sometimes there is such a thing as too much information. I will be very glad to get the real story straight from the horses mouth. Enough said.

Connor actually had a much better day at school today. I was shocked to see him come through the door with everything needed to complete all of his late assignments. He even remembered his book for his book report! Will wonders never cease?? Now, to get him to complete it all!

So, the week is over, and the kids are looking forward to March break. I find myself, strangely, looking forward to it as well. It will be a relief not to have to scurry around in the mornings, making lunches, and packing bags. And I am definitely looking forward to a break from all of the extra curricular activities. I'm sure by Monday morning I will have changed my mind, but for now I can pretend it's going to be a nice week. It's got to be a better week then this one. One can hope anyway.

"Hope is medicine for a soul that's sick and tired."~~ Eric Swensson.

No comments: