Monday 12 March 2007

Just Breathe....

Dan called today, and I can breath easily again. For another day, at least. He is doing okay, very busy, and tired. He is still outside the wire. I really hate that. I'm not sure where, but have somewhat of an idea. He did tell me not to worry, he always does. I always tell him I will stop worrying when he gets home in September. Of course, I hadn't talked to him at all since all of the stressful events of last week, so had a thousand things to talk to him about, most of which I forgot all about, I was just so relieved to hear his voice. Until the damn phone cut us off! I was not pleased! But he is alright, and I will sleep a little better tonight having talked to him. I must admit, I had been extremely anxious all weekend. Just knowing he is outside the wire makes me anxious, and I always know when I hear about an "incident" it could involve him. But thinking it might and knowing it did are two separate things. Thankfully, I already knew everyone was okay by the time I found out Dan was involved, otherwise I would have been a basket case. But the what ifs got me, what if the bomb had exploded a few minutes earlier or later. What if, what if, what if. Rationally, I know that what ifs are a waste of time. But sometimes a stressed, emotional, over active imagination takes over. Dan assured me everything was fine, and it happened really fast. Funny thing explosions, good or bad outcome, they tend to be over quickly. Of course, it didn't help that Stuie rang my doorbell at 7:30 in the morning Friday. Nobody ever rings my bell that early. And when I went to the door, I could see him through the glass in uniform, but couldn't tell that it was him. It scared the bejesus out of me. He was just dropping off papers the girls had left at his house the day before. Needless to say, he is going to give me a heads up before he comes over that early again. Or else!

Today has been a good day. Not only did I get to talk to Dan, but Annette is here with the kids for a sleepover. We had a great, if somewhat hectic day with the 6 kids. My kids were thrilled the cousins were coming. They were pretty crazy a few times, but hey, I've seen a lot worse. They all got along great, with the exception of Mr Happy Pants, who had a few meltdowns when things didn't go the way he wanted them too. He spent sometime in his room, before he finally settled down. The rest of the evening was great. It was so nice to have Annette here. She was very patient with us all, and a star to listen to me vent 6 weeks worth of frustrations. I'm sure her poor ears are still ringing!


"Grief has limits, whereas apprehension has none. For we grieve only for what we know has happened, but we fear all that possibly may happen."~~Pliny the Younger

No comments: