Tuesday 13 March 2007

The Morning After...

Surprisingly, the kids went to bed fairly easily last night. I only had to speak to Libby and Sarah once. I think they were all asleep by 11:30, which is pretty early for them on sleepovers. They were all up by 8 (I think) this morning, and were in good spirits. I think Annette and I were both waiting for the other shoe to drop, but it went great. They each took turns telling each other about their "dreams". Dreams that somehow grew from simple dreams to outright stories. It was too funny listening to them discuss these dreams in elaborate detail. After that, they all came down stairs, and played. And despite their late night, there was no fighting or bickering. Annette, bless her, went off to Timmie's for our morning coffees, extra large, by the way. We actually got to laze around and enjoy our coffee. It was quite relaxing. It was also quite nice not to have to talk to myself while I had my coffee.

Annette left with the kids around lunch time, and then we just had a quiet day. The kids were really happy after having the cousins visit. For the rest of the day, they just hung out and played, watched some television. They got along great all day. We went out to mail a sign and get a few groceries. And still there was no complaining. After we got back, they played outside (it was quite warm), and rode their bikes for the first time. Of course, they were completely wet when they came in, but I didn't care. They had a great time, and that was the main thing. After supper, Connor actually voluntarily did some of his homework! I could hardly believe it. I had to check twice, just to make sure I didn't imagine it (I do have an over active imagination after all). The best part was, there was no whining or complaining once today. Not once! It was so refreshing. I'm not sure if the good will was because they were still on a high from the cousins visiting, or because they were exhausted. Either way, I like it! Now, what can I do to wear them out tomorrow??

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one."~~Dr Seuss

No comments: