Sunday 4 March 2007

The Rats Nest.....

Well, Libby survived her sleepover. She had a blast actually, they went tobogganing on the big hill, played outside, had a trip to Timmie's (no sleepover is complete without at least one trip to Timmie's), did some crafts, and got little sleep. Oh, and they had lots of snacks. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. She was pretty tuckered out the rest of the day.

Katty and Connor had a pretty quiet day too. Of course, Katty woke me up at 6am asking me to comb her hair, just so we could see if it was tangled or not. Ask me how impressed I was by that. Apparently, it was a success as she skipped around the house singing "no more tangles" for the next hour. We had to check her hair in the mirror several times, and admire how short it is. She also spent a lot of timing wandering if the kids at school are going to recognize her tomorrow or not.

I have to say, the highlight of my day (before I spoke to my hubby, who is good, but tired) was cleaning the rat's, I mean Pine Cones, nest. Seriously, not my rat. Why was I in there wrestling its cage back together?? Because I'm a mother, and that's what we do, whether we like it or not. I was so not impressed. Now to give Connor credit, he took it all apart and cleaned it all up, but had difficulty getting the slide on. Never having done it myself, I was unaware just how complex this whole cage is. Dan told me on the phone tonight, its a bugger to get back together. No kidding, thanks for the heads up, you. Of course, it really helped that all three of the kids were quite sure they knew the right way to put it together (each on different of course), and had to tell me all at the same time. By this point I'm losing patience (no kidding), and told Connor he'd better sort it out. He obviously knew I was not amused, and had that thing back together faster then I could say Hamster Haven. Of course the, "This will be the last bloody pet we ever get," might also have something to do with the ease at which the remainder of the cage went together. He even vacuumed up all the pine chips by himself. There was just one fatal flaw in his plan, though. When he was done, he informed me how much he enjoyed vacuuming (he is so his Nana's boy). Three guesses as to what Connor is doing after school tomorrow. And oh yeah, the first two don't count.

“My favorite animal is steak.”~~ Fran Leibowitz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Katty I am so excited about her hair and can't wait to see the new "do"

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Kattie looks more and more like her Mummy, especially with her new hairdo.