Friday 16 March 2007

The Day After....


God help us, John and I went shopping with Nana and the kids today. Needless to say, it was a very painful experience. A quick trip to Walmart (ha, what were we thinking, there is no such thing as a quick trip to the store when Nana is involved) ended up lasting for a few hours. John and I grew weary and went to Home Depot. My dad will be proud. I'd rather go to a hardware store then Walmart. Imagine it. By the time we got back to Walmart, Nana had taken the kids into McDonald's for lunch. Go figure. It was so not my plan, they'd already had lunch out once this week already with the cousins. After we finally managed to drag Nana, the children and all of their various sundry bags out of Walmart, we stopped at Blockbuster to drop off movies. While Connor and I ran in, Nana and Poppa and the girls waited in the van. Imagine my surprise when we came out five minutes later, and Nana was no where to be seen. Apparently, she had gone in to purchase batteries for the toys she had bought the kids. Imagine my surprise again, when 20 minutes later, Nana returned with a cart full of groceries. That woman, she's been here a day, and already I'm exhausted. No wonder John needs a nap every afternoon.


“The quickest way to know a woman is to go shopping with her.”~~Marcelene Cox

No comments: