Friday 23 March 2007

You've Got Mail....

It was painful getting the kids ready for school this morning. The morning after their big stage debut, and they were exhausted. I had to drag them out of bed. It probably would have been safer to leave them there, Katty especially. Holy heck, she was cranky. Scary cranky. So cranky that I almost felt sorry for her teacher, emphasis on the almost. I quite happily sent her off to school to wreak misery and havoc.

So, Dan is back in KAF, for a bit. Your guess is as good as mine as to how long a bit is, a day, or two, maybe more (I hope more). He e-mailed me yesterday, and again today. I realized just how much I miss his e-mails when he is outside the wire. I become an e-mail junky when he is in, I hate leaving the computer, lest I get an e-mail from him while I am gone. Sometimes, he actually e-mails me back rather quickly. That is the sweetest, almost as good as having a real conversation. I miss him so much. We are near the end of week 8, almost at the end of month 2. How I wish it was the end of month 7, but then, I have never been known for my patience. This week went a bit faster. It's been nice to have Nana here for company. I still have another weeks visit to look forward to at the beginning of April, and Gramma is coming in May. All great distractions to help break up the time. But I still really wish my husband were home. There are days when the time seems to drag on forever, and it feels like this deployment will never end. It doesn't help that there loads of guys who just came home still on leave, and they are out and about with their wives and families. I am so jealous. I know our turn will come, but sometimes if feels like forever away. As Libby would say, "No fair. Humph!" The worst days of all, are without a doubt, the days when Arlene and I go to the gym, and there are men there, all soldiers doing PT. Who ever would think you'd miss the smell of sweating men, but it is true. You can tell the minute we walk through the door that there is PT going on, and Arlene knows she's going to have to listen to me whine about it for 60 minutes. They smell like Dan, and is just not fair, damn it! I realized how badly off I was when I was smelling the men's deodorant in the drug store the other day, trying to remember what kind Dan bought the last time. Sad, isn't it? I really need to e-mail him and ask him, so I won't waste so much time the next time. I suppose the staff at Pharma Plus will begin to worry something is wrong with me if they see me in there sniffing it too often (well, duh), so maybe it would be better to buy a tube and bring it home. I'd better go check my mail, and find out what brand to buy.

"What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you."~~Richard Wilbur

No comments: