Tuesday 27 March 2007

Wonders Never Cease...


Connor had a good day at school today, finally. He actually got a check mark; all of his work was done, he didn't speak English in class and he payed attention, and stayed on task. Of course, this might have something to do with the conversation I had with him last night, when I told him I thought maybe we'd ought to get a tutor to help him bring up his grades. Funny how he had such a great day today. Great that is, until we discovered he brought home the wrong duo tang for homework. Right colour, wrong subject. Even he groaned over that one. He's even almost finished reading his book for his book report. I must say, his attitude at home has been markedly better, even since the weekend. He's been polite, and helpful, and even stopped bickering with his sisters. I'm sure the good mood won't last long, but we will make hay while the sun shines. Now if only Katty's mood would improve. She has been beyond miserable the last few days. I think it's because she is getting a new big girl front tooth, but the baby one still hasn't fallen out. It's driving her, and by extension me, crazy.

Speaking of crazy, the bloody mud and grass the kids keep dragging in on their boots is driving me mad. And don't even get me started on the rock collections. No Dad, they are not painting the rocks, yet. Give them time, I'm sure it's coming. I love spring, I really do, but not this muddy, dirty aspect of it. While I am glad the kids are finally playing outside more, it's exhausting keeping up with them. Not to mention the fights I have to get them to come in and do their homework, and to eat, and sleep. And when they do come in, it takes forever to tidy up after them. Honestly, I could vacuum the entry way ten times a day. And if I'm not vacuuming, I'm doing laundry. In the last week, they have gone through more coats and pairs of boots then I can count, its ridiculous. I know, I am not the only mother suffering this fate. Thank goodness we don't have a dog (sorry Annette), otherwise I'd really be losing it. Okay, losing it more then I already am.


"Children get smashed for hours on some strictly limited aspect of the Great Big Everything, the Universe, such as water or snow or mud or colors or rocks."~~Kurt Vonnegut

No comments: