Thursday 8 March 2007

Like A Dog With A Bone...

Oh my, today after school, I had the pleasure of meeting with Connor's teacher for over an hour (and poor Arlene had the pleasure of the Bobbitt 3's company whilst I was there, bless her.) Turns out the little bugger has been telling me he's finished his homework at school, and telling her he can't find it. I suppose that is partially true, you can't find it to pass in if you haven't done it. We came up with a whole new system to get him to complete his work, and he has reams of work to do over March Break. That ought to make him really happy. Do you suppose he'll have learned a lesson? Somehow, I doubt it. When I talked to him about it after school, he admitted all of his bad deeds, and agreed to the new way of doing things, and was quite apologetic. Of course, you know that lasted all of 5 seconds, or basically until it was time to do his work. He just doesn't get it sometimes (most of the time). He was up until 8:45 completing homework that was supposed to have been passed in weeks ago. He was not amused. Apparently, other things were going on, mostly television. And yes, he actually was foolish enough to use watching television as an excuse for not completing his homework. But they were new episodes. Oh the humanity, homework interfering with watching a new episode of Ghost Trackers. So, new house rule, television doesn't go on unless homework is completed; homework doesn't come home, no television at all. He doesn't like that rule very much. Oh well, sucks to be him. So maybe the solution would be to do your work. Urgh!! That boy just doesn't know when to give it up. He already stayed up 15 minutes past bedtime doing homework, and then actually had the nerve to ask to stay up until 9:30!! He's got to be as stunned as his arse. Honestly, what part of no does he not get?? I love him too bits, but that boy is making me crazy (alright crazier)!!! At least he gave it up sooner tonight, and after a few more half hearted attempts to gain my sympathy, Mr Happy Pants went off to bed. And I had a drink!

Finally today, the Deployment Support Program started at school. Not a minute too soon, obviously. They each met with 2 counsellors, and spent some time talking about where their Dad is, what he is doing, why he is there, and how they feel about him being away. I think it will be a really great outlet for them to deal with all of the stress this deployment has caused them. They brought home a ton of info for me to read over, and a journal for each of them to keep, as well as some exercises to help them relax. If the week keeps up like this, I just might try Spaghetti Toes out myself!

“Procrastination is the bad habit of putting of until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.”~~Napoleon Hill



No comments: